Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day At Home

I promised the kids today that we could stay home all day and not have to run any errands or go anywhere. Here is what they are up to today
They built a fort! There is just something wonderful about being able to do whatever you want to do and not have to rush to get somewhere. They made this fort all by themselves. They are into forts right now. Yesterday they built one in our closet and slept in it last night. Today, they made one out of Ethan's bunk bed.
This is the security camera...it is too cute! I walked in with some of Ethan's laundry and they started making alarm noises when I opened the door. I must say that it is nice having them get along so well and they have been playing for hours together.
I believe Ethan used a whole roll of painter's tape to make the fort...oh well, relatively cheap entertainment.
I snuck my camera into the fort, and grabbed a picture of them. They are watching a movie on the portable DVD player. Now, to just get the mess all cleaned up before Daddy gets home!
I saw this Smart Shopper in SkyMall and thought it was really neat. I found it on Amazon for only about $20, compared to the $70 in SkyMall. It is an electronic grocery list. When you need something from the store, you just say it into the device and it stores it for you until you print the list. The best part is that is organizes all the items you need into categories! I think this will say me a lot of time when school starts up again.

No comments: