Thursday, December 11, 2008

Teddy Bear

A sweet friend of our from our days at WCC is having a baby boy in a few weeks. I finally finished her blanket and teddy bear and got it in the mail. Christy worked at the church with Derek and they had such fun together. She was also Ethan's first girlfriend! We miss having her around and know that she will be a wonderful mother. Anyway, here is the blanket and bear that I made for her.

Now, I have only made one other bear before and this bear has a really fun story with it. I was so excited to make a bear for Christy that I found this really soft yarn that would make the bear extra cuddly. I was following my pattern and was more than half way through when I realized something was terribly wrong. The bear was HUGE! The yarn was so soft and stretchy that it made the bear really big. It was becoming bigger than the baby. So I started to get frustrated and Derek and Ethan kept making fun of the poor thing, so I threw it in the trash. Ethan felt bad for making fun of it so he recused it from the trash and named him Micheal. So I finished it for Ethan and he is now a proud owner of a homemade bear. Check out the size of him:So, I started again and used the same yarn as the blanket and a smaller hook to avoid another mishap. I finally got it done and it made it safely to Christy before her little guy arrives.
The final product.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! All three of those are so adorable. You are really talented! (We still love and use the cute green blanket with the ribbon trim that you sent for Harry.) Thanks for sharing your handiwork.--Cam

Chrystal said...

Making a bear? I thought only machines did that! Heather, you are amazing!