Saturday, November 14, 2009

Family Project


Ethan had a family project to do for Thanksgiving. He brought home a turkey that he was supposed to disguise so that it would not be eaten for dinner. Ethan wanted to do a basketball player. It ended up being a Mommy and Ethan project. He just wanted to color on it and take it back to school. I told him we could do better than that. I went to the craft store and bought some shiny paper that would look more like a jersey. You can not really tell the shine by the picture, but it looks pretty cool. Last night I cut out patterns for the top and the bottom so that Ethan could cut them out. I also measured and cut out all the little trim pieces. This little project turned into about 2 hours for me, but Ethan and I are both happy with the results. I could not just let him color - my creative brain could not take that!

No comments: