Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Derek's Birthday

We woke Derek up this morning with presents and donuts. We might need to do presents next year in the evening. Derek looks like he is opening his presents with his eyes closed, but I think they were open just a little bit.

The kids enjoying the donuts, Derek went back to sleep.

While I was picking up the donuts, Ethan and Aubrey decided to wrap another present for Derek. I love the collection of items they found. Everyone needs some silly bandz and a pen without a cap. My favorite part by far is their choice of wrapping paper- wax paper!

They both made him cards with pianos in it this year.

Aubrey has had several good days in a row at school so I found matching clothes for her and her doll as a reward. She loved it!

I made a red velvet cake and we took it to church for the band and choir to enjoy since it was rehearsal night. We were waiting for choir to end with a few of the band guys and Aubrey asked me why nobody said they liked her matching doll outfit. I told him because they were boys and they don't notice those things. I assured her that when choir was out someone would notice and sure enough, the ladies did not let me down!
I found candles where the flames are the color of the candle and they really worked.

It was a busy day for Derek, but all in all I think he had a good birthday!

1 comment:

Jill said...

That is precious. I love reading about the cakes you make too!

Isn't that a girl thing? I love her outfit and I would have told her instantly...