Friday, April 8, 2011

Ethan's Spiritual Birthday

A year ago today, Ethan accepted Christ. I am so glad that we wrote it down in his Bible, because a lot of people do not end up remembering the exact date they accepted Christ. I knew it was right around his real birthday, but Ethan was the one who brought the subject up with us. It was awesome that he was proud of it and that it was an important enough event that he wanted to remind us about it. That is how it should be when you accept Jesus as your Savior. We wanted to do something to celebrate, but we also knew we had to be careful. We did not want Aubrey or others to think that they would get presents or material things for accepting Christ. The change in your life is gift enough, and I can not think of a great gift. We decided on a simple cake to celebrate the day. Ethan picked out the flavor and wanted blue sprinkles. Nana and Papa are in town, so they got to help us celebrate.
I wanted to throw in the sweet pictures from last year.
So glad I wrote it in his Bible. Now, as long as he does not lose his Bible we should always be able to remember it! One thing I do love about blogging is that I can always look back on the blog and check too.

No comments: