Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Aubrey Making Cupcakes

On Sunday Aubrey will turn 3! I can't believe it. She is taking in cupcakes to preschool tomorrow in honor of her birthday. I let her choose what she wanted - Care Bear papers with pink icing and purple sprinkles. I let her do a lot of the work. Here are pictures of our baking experience. Notice the skirt....
This was her first time cracking eggs. To my surprise she did not get any eggshells in the bowl. I assisted with cracking the egg on the side of the bowl to get it started.
Dumping in the oil.
I took over after the picture as I could envision her lifting the mixer and batter flying everywhere.
The best part - licking the beaters.
Placing the papers in the pans.

I made the icing and frosted the cupcakes while she was napping.
I thought the sprinkles would be easy enough. Well, it turns out the holes in the top where too big for the tiny sprinkles and they POURED out. I think she used the whole bottle on just a few cupcakes. Luckily, I placed them over a cookies sheet so we shook the excess off onto the bare cupcakes and then used the reserve in the cookie sheet. Surprisingly, the clean up was minimal.
Our finished product
Does this picture make you nervous?
Yep, you guessed it...her foot went right into one of them. Thankfully, it was only one.
Notice all the sprinkles on the cupcakes and the empty sprinkle bottle.

2 comments:

Tracey said...

I miss your homemade cakes! Yum! What a good mommy you are. She will always remember doing those kinds of things with you. Special memories!! I cannot believe she is three already!!

Jill said...

That is adorable! I love the cupcakes and your homemade baking!
Those are special memories, I enjoy baking with Scarlett too!