Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I like Junior Mints and had seen heart shaped ones in honor of Valentine's Day. I told Derek that was all I wanted this year. I had no idea how hard it would be to find them. He went around everywhere, but finally found the last two boxes for me. He also gave me some beautiful tulips. Derek proposed to me on Valentine's Day in 2001 and I am still glad that I said yes!
Friday night I spent the evening decorating cakes. This one was for Laura's baby shower. When I went to put it in the car on Saturday morning, there were little white dots all over it. I have never had that happen before and of course I am my worst critic and I was pretty bummed. Oh well, they can't always be perfect.
This is Aubrey's castle cake for her party this evening. I cheated some this year and got the kit to make it. She loves everything princess and when I started looking at what I wanted to do cake wise, I did not want to do all the details of the faces, so this was what we ended up with. She loved it.

Aubrey and Daddy. You can't really tell by the picture, but her shirt said "Daddy's Little Valentine" on it. Let's keep it that way for a lot of years!

No comments: