Saturday, January 8, 2011

Boxes and Basketball

I have a very wonderful husband because if I mention that I would like something, he usually gets it for me. After Christmas, as I was putting away some of my new necklaces, I casually mentioned that I might like a jewelry armourer for my birthday in March. I have quite the collection of necklaces, and they get tangled very easily, which leads to a frustrated momma. A few days later he went to Target and came home and rang the doorbell and there was a big box at our door. He found this on clearance, so he surprised me with an early birthday present.

That lead to two really big boxes, which lead to the kids wanting to sleep in them. Ethan asked every night if he could sleep in the box. We told them it had to be on the weekend, so last night they were able to sleep in their boxes. We actually put them on the couch before we went to bed, because they were a little cramped in them.


Ethan had his first Upward game of the season today. His best friend Jordan is on his team this year. We were praying for a good year, because Ethan just loves basketball, but last season he did not score even one basket.
Well, he made up for it all in the first game. This kid was on fire today! I think he finally gets the aggressive part of the game. He scored 4 of the 6 baskets that his team got today.

This was the best I could capture today of one of his baskets. He is right behind the refs hand and that was the first one that he scored. I videoed a lot of the game because Derek was at a funeral and could not be there. Sadly, I was too excited about his playing and never actually got one of baskets on video.


Aubrey has found a friend at basketball. Friday night at practice they played the whole time together and today they played on their ds games while their brothers were playing basketball.

No comments: