Thursday, January 13, 2011

Light Brown Mailbox

Aubrey has done great transitioning over to her new preschool. She entered as all girl. She was in the mindset that boys were basically yucky and she wanted to play with girls. That quickly changed as Luke needed a friend to play with one day and Aubrey quickly became his friend of choice. Her teachers say that they are now inseparable. Last week Aubrey was quick to offer to get the mail each day when we came home from school. She finally told us that Luke was going to send her a picture. I asked her how he knew where to send it. Her reply was, "I told him to look for the light brown mailbox." It was just precious. Ethan and I are going to try to get a picture from Luke and secretly put it in the mailbox for her. Luke has been absent for a few days, so we have not been able to instate our plan yet....more to come!

Last night I was taking Ethan and the Butler girls to church and their conversation was about a contest at school where the winning class would get a choice of a cookie, brownie or pizza party. Ethan said, "I definitely would pick the pizza party because my mom makes the best cookies and brownies and I am sure they would be store bought and not really that good." I was faltered by this compliment, but afraid I might be raising a baked goods snob!

No comments: