Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day of School

We kept up our tradition of cookies on the first day of schook, but this year I put them in their lunchboxes.

I always let the kids choose what they want for breakfast on the first day of school. Ethan chose monkey bread this year. Mom and I made it up the night before and I woke up extra early to get it in the oven so it would be ready in time to get to school.



Ethan and I ready for the first day. Aubrey is stagger entry, so she did not go to school until today.

My big Third grader...where did the time go?


My wonderful assistant Michelle.

Ethan and his buddy Jordan are back in class again this year...four years in a row! We also got the cafeteria back again this year, which was great. Last year it was classrooms.

Derek had these waiting for me when I got home from my first day...he is a keeper!

At open house I locked myslelf out of my room. I did not want to wear a lanyard around my neck beause it bothers me and it would not work with all the necklaces that I enjoy wearing so much. I found this retractable gadget that works perfectly!

Aubrey had her first day today. She chose chocolate chip pancakes for her first day of school breakfast. She was not too happy about being awake at 6:45. I had frozen chocolate chip waffles that I was going to give her, but then I felt bad about making Ethan such a deluxe breakfast the morning before. So, I woke up early and made a batch of pancakes for her. I really do not think she cared. After I took her pictures, she put her head down on the counter. Luckily, she did not get any syrup in her hair and need a shower.



My sweet little Kindergartener! I love how she likes to pose.



I loved these shoes so much that I bought the next size up too. In the store, they seemed to fit just fine. However now Aubrey is complaining that the straps keep coming undone. Amazingly, she did not complain to her teacher at all today about them. When I asked her about it, she said "I just fixed them myself." What a great idea!

Aubrey and Mommy...Daddy opted to stay in bed and not partake in a picture.

Her cute new backpack. If I needed one, I would have chosen this one too.


Outside her classroom

Aubrey with Mrs. Ramage


I snuck in while my kids were at PE and got this shot of them lining up.


Both kids had great days at school so we went to Bruster's to celebrate.

No comments: