Saturday, August 20, 2011

Open House

Derek did an awesome job taking the kids to their classes today at Open House, while I was in my own classroom. He even filled out all of Aubrey's forms and bought Spirit Day t-shirts in the very crowded and crazy cafeteria. Aubrey in her classroom, such a big girl going to Kindergarten this year!

Of course, she made a friend already! She knows several of the kids her class from the various preschools she has attended.



Her teacher Mrs. Ramage. We just love Mrs. Ramage. I taught with her the second half of the year when I did Kindergarten and she was also Ethan's teacher. She is amazing!



Ethan at his big 3rd grade desk. It was a strange moment for me to write grade 3 in his paperwork today. It was also funny filling out the same stuff for him that all the parents in my class are filling out. I was tempted to write my school phone extension on the phone numbers, but I did not. It will be great having him next door to me this year.


His wonderful teacher Mr. Menard. Ethan had him for first grade and we are lucky enough to have him again this year. He is amazing too! I am excited to be working with him this year as he is not only a co-worker or Ethan's teacher, but he is also now a friend. He is just a great guy and we love him. It is going to be a great year for both kids...so excited for them!


I was really happy with the Skrinky Dinks that my class made today. They were a hit. We tried one in the toaster oven and it started to smoke and we really did not want to set off the fire alarm and everyone have to evacuate, so I decided to shrink them at home in the oven.

I was already the first teacher to get locked out of my room. I am terrible at keeping my key on me. I had it around my wrist and put it on my desk and carried something else out instead. Last year I was in a pod and when I locked myself out I could just go in another teachers door in my pod. Not so this year, this could be a challenge. I was told I could get another key. I may have to get several and give them to the teachers around me. At least a master key was easy to access and I was easily let back into my room.


No comments: