Saturday, September 10, 2011

Tommy Walker Concert

Derek was at worship conference all week in Orlando and had the opportunity last night to sing in the choir at a benefit concert that Tommy Walker was doing. Some of the members of the worship team joined him as well. The kids and I drove after school to enjoy the concert. It was a small, intimate concert to benefit a charity that Tommy's sister and brother in law run. Derek has always been a big fan of Tommy Walker. He is a worship leader and writes amazing songs. We sing a lot of his songs at church. Derek was in the worst possible place in the choir from our seat to take a picture, but I gave it a valiant effort.





The people all around us were lifting their hands worshipping and I snapped this picture of Aubrey, it was just too precious.





Tommy's father is suffering from Alzheimers, so this year he took up the harmonica as a tribute to him. It was amazing and in fact Ethan's favorite part of the concert





There was a sort break and our friend Darren Petterson grew up with Tommy and was able to introduce him to Derek. I was the crazy wife who asked for a picture. One of the guys who came with Derek to sing is also a big fan and wanted a picture, so I asked Tommy again for another picture. He was kind and gracious to oblige.

It got late and poor Ethan could just not stay awake any longer. Sortly, after this I let him lay his head in my lap, followed by Aubrey. So by the end of the conert I had two sleeping children on my lap. It was a great concert though and glad we made the drive to attend.

When the concert was over, they wanted a group shot. So guess who went and asked Tommy one more time for a picture, yep the dutiful wife. I figured I will never meet him again and it was a small venue, so I asked and again he was happy to do it.

No comments: