Saturday, October 1, 2011

Rock in a Box

Ethan had a diorama science project to do with a rock. He could put the rock in a natural or unnatural environment. He chose to do a living room and have his rock playing the wii. He painted his box with the leftover paint from our living room. He made me laugh when I was taking this picture becuase he said, "Hey blogger." I asked what he meant and he said I know you are taking this picture so you can blog about it. Yep, sure am! He knows me well.



Convinced him to give me a smile.


Completed project. We used magic foam to make the couch and tables and some non-girly items from Aubrey's doll house. Ethan rejected many items because he considered them too girly.

We found the tv sticker at Micheals and printed out a picture of Mario and Sonic at the Winter Olympic Games to put on the tv. We even added a little black bar on the top of the tv as the sensor bar.


The clock was deemed worthy to put into the box and I love the rock family portrait.


The portrait of just his rock.

Chandelier that Derek and Ethan made out of pipe cleaners and hot glue.


The star of the box, his rock who is playing the wii. When we took it into school Mr. Menard touched the wii remote and the arm fell off. It was really funny, so know the arm is just resting by the rock.

No comments: