Friday, March 28, 2008

Blizzard Beach

We had plans to meet Pam and Mike and the boys at one of the Disney water parks yesterday. We were half way there and Pam called and told me that it was full, they had met capacity and they were not letting anyone else in. They headed back to their place and we tried our luck at the park. Our passes are FL resident ones so they are only good after 2:00. When 2:00 rolled around they were letting people in again. The best surprise of the day - You do not have to pay to park! We were thrilled and that will say us a lot of money in the end. We were disappointed not to enjoy it with our family, but we had a great time and the kids loved it. I have to say that it is difficult to take pictures at a water park. We were able to do our first fun ride together as a family. Aubrey was old enough to ride the family tube ride. She was terrified both times going down, but when we got out she said "again."
This story is for my Aunt Judy. I hope it makes you laugh today! She used to pick me up from swimming lesson sometimes when I was little. I would wear my suit and pack my clothes and 9 out of 10 times I would forget my underwear. Well, I thought I was so good at packing and remembered all the little details of what we would need after the park, such as deodorant, diapers, underwear for Derek and Ethan. You guessed it- I forgot mine! I guess I have still not changed much.

Aubrey loved these little slides and would stay there all day long.
The day started fine with Aubrey walking up the stairs like a normal person.
Then Aubrey was hilarious and started letting everyone go ahead of her. You can tell with her arm that she is pointing people ahead of her. It was cute at first, but then she would not go up the stairs if there way anyone else to go up ahead of her. When there was a crowd we could wait a long time for her to go up.

I finally coaxed her to go up and she got up and came back down again! Augh, the mind of a two year old. It was very funny though.
Mom and Ethan racing.
Aubrey coming down one of the big slides by herself.
Aubrey in the tube slide.

More sliding of Aubrey. It was easier to take pictures of her because the camera would not get wet.

No comments: