Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

We had a wonderful Easter and hope you did as well. On Saturday we started bright and early with decorating eggs. I found these cool Qtips that you snap off the top and the dye flows down. The kids enjoyed painting the eggs with them. Aubrey even painted her face some. The only problem was it did not come off of their hands well. Luckily, it came off Aubrey's face, but their finger tips are still colored. We also tie dyed some eggs and put glitter on them.
We had 5 services over the weekend at church. The kids and I attended 3 of them. I served in two and attended one. We had an egg hunt for all the kids during the service so I told Ethan the good thing about going to so many is that he gets a lot of eggs. A lot of eggs we got indeed! I had 67 school age kids today in my service and we had a great conversation about salvation. The kids asked some awesome questions!
My Aunt and Uncle and cousins are nearby on their spring break so they joined us today for church and lunch. I am growing up when I have to cook my own Easter lunch instead of going to our parent's house. I did most of it last night and we had a wonderful relaxing lunch. Darren joined us as well.
I followed my Grandma's tradition and did string around the house. I have wonderful memories of a kid going to her house and string was everywhere. Each grandchild had a different color and you followed it all around the house. At the end was your Easter basket. I consulted her and got some tips and started the tradition at our house. It was a hit! Aubrey was a little young, but she liked the end result. Ethan liked crawling all through the sting this morning when he work up.
A couple at church gave us the coolest gift for Easter. It was a huge chocolate egg and inside of it were wrapped gourmet chocolates. It was very cool!
Aubrey wore an Easter hat for the first time this year and I have to say she was a head turner! Thanks to Rachel and Hannah for helping me pick out her dress and hat last week. We added the green ribbon around the hat to match her dress. How fun to have a girl. Ethan looked handsome too and was excited to be able to wear shorts for Easter. Derek helped him pick out his outfit.

























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: