Monday, March 3, 2008

Fertilizer

Yesterday, Derek and Ethan were running errands getting final preparations done for my birthday this week. Since in was getting late he asked if I would fertilize the yard on Monday. Nothing else was mentioned. This morning I thought I would be a good wife and surprise him by indeed fertilizing the yard. While Aubrey was resting I filled the little green fertilizer thing and walked around the yard. I was very proud of myself - it was very easy and took less than 30 minutes. On his way home tonight Derek called and said he wanted to get the fertilizer down before we headed to Ethan's T-ball game. You can imagine my excitement to inform him of what a good wife I was this morning and not to worry -I already did it. Would you believe that I used the wrong fertilizer. I just assumed the large bag in the garage was what I was to use. WRONG! What I was supposed to use was still in his trunk. The good news is that I did not hurt the grass. Derek bought special fertilizer for a stinging weed that we have and also the fire ant granular included. We can not put that down now for about 2 months or it might burn the grass if you over fertilize. How sad that my good deed turned out to not be so good. This is the most I have ever typed the word "fertilizer."

Ethan did however have a good T-Ball game. I will post some pictures and maybe even a video of his next game.

1 comment:

CarolinaTrish said...

Sounds just like something I would do! :-)

Loving & missing you all!
trisha