Monday, January 26, 2009

How My Time Was Spent

Derek says he can always tell when I am really busy because I do not update the blog. Every 8 weeks at church the theme for the Children's Ministry changes and I decorate the room according to the theme. Well, last week was the change week. So, a lot of my time was spent getting the new set together. Our theme is To The Depths so I made a little underwater world. I let Ethan help me paint the submarine and I thought all the paint was washable. Well, it turns out the blue that I let him use was not and it ruined a pair of his jeans...oops!
Both sides of the room have all these posters on them to look like we are under the ocean. Derek found this book at Books A Million on clearance with all these pictures. They are really cool and will give the ADD kids something to look at! As with everything, they took longer to put up than I expected.
The Submarine and the backdrop

The jellyfish. Derek remembered seeing David Bromstad on HGTV make one, so we did it too. It was actually pretty easy to make using coffee filters, streamers and spray paint.
Aubrey took her doll to church Saturday night with her matching dress. I even did their hair the same. She looked really cute and got a lot of comments.

No comments: