Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Small Steps

We are making small steps with Aubrey and potty training. I finally found a reward that she likes...Dum Dums! She did not like M& M's, gummy bears, fruit snacks or Hershey Kisses. Today we picked up some lollipops at the store and she came right home and pee peed on the potty. She was so proud of herself. We danced, Daddy danced, Ethan clapped and Aubrey kept saying " I am so proud of you!" She got her lollipop, which was "delicious," and we took pictures. We called family to share the good news. Aunt Kelly asked if she was wearing underwear like a big girl, so we went and put some on. I should have know it was a bad ideas seeing that she had already wet her diaper in the 15 minutes it had been on. She lasted about an hour in the underwear (of course I asked about every 5 minutes if she needed to use the potty) before she came to me and announced that she pee peed in her underwear. Into the bath she went while I cleaned up the mess. As I am scrubbing the carpet that I thought she made a mess on, I then realize that it is simply the shadow from the Rock Band drums. Oh well, now we have clean carpet too. Anyway, here are some pictures of Aubrey very proud of herself. At least it is another step in the right direction.

No comments: