Sunday, March 22, 2009

Day At Epcot

We went to Epcot for the day on Friday to use one of our days at Disney. We saw Daisy right away so Aubrey had to get her picture with her.

They had these Kidcot stations where they could collect things and color them. The kids liked it and it was something fun to do.

Not sure about the expressions on our faces. I was a little nervous about Aubrey coloring with marker, so I was keeping a close watch on her.
Aubrey was so excited to see Snow White. She spent a long time with Aubrey and was talking to her about her butterflies and how much she liked them. Aubrey was thrilled and kept talking about it all day!

We could not pass up the picture in the phone booth.
We had mixed feelings about taking the kids to Epcot and would there be enough for them to do. After researching it some and getting advice from friends, we decided to go for it and had a great day. There was plenty to do, in fact we did not get to do everything that we wanted. We had a great viewing spot for the fireworks show, but it had gotten really cold. We decided that Derek and Ethan would hold our spot with the stroller and Aubrey and I would go out to the car and get he warm clothes....what were we thinking! It ended up being a much longer way back to the car and Aubrey wanted to be carried the whole time. We got to the gate to leave to find out they do not stamp hands anymore, but use your tickets. Of course, my ticket was with Derek. The lady was VERY nice and told me to just come back to her and she would let us back in. We finally made it to the car and Aubrey and I changed into our jeans and sweatshirts. I then realized how difficult it would be to carry the clothes back and Aubrey. I ended up tying Derek's and my sweatshirt around my waist and folding Ethan's jeans over them. Aubrey had Ethan's sweatshirt around her waist. It took me a total of 45 minutes to make the little trip to the car and I was exhausted when I got back. Luckily I found Derek and Ethan who were frozen by the time I got back to them. Ethan was so cold that in order to put his jeans on he just took off is shorts in front of people. Nobody really noticed. Oh yeah, Aubrey rode on my back most of the time because it was easier for me. On the way back from the car she actually fell asleep on my back. I was walked bent over and afraid she was going to fall off because she was no longer holding on. I asked a complete stranger if she would not mind taking her off my back and handing her to me. She did and I could not wait to get back to Derek. I knew my arms would be sore the next day and I am still feeling it today some. After the fireworks show we laid both of the kids in the stroller and Ethan ended up falling asleep too. We could not resist the photo. Those were too tired kids and some equally tired parents.

No comments: