Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Road Trip


On Thursday after preschool Aubrey and I headed up to NC. This is what the back of the car looked like. The main reason for the trip was to sell all these clothes in an upcoming consignment sale.
Aubrey liked to help pump the gas. Right after we finished I was putting my wallet back in the car and another car pulled up to the pump behind us and Aubrey yelled out "It scared me!" The poor lady was so apologetic and made sure that I knew she saw Aubrey. I told her it was fine..that is Aubrey's latest - everything scares her.
We had an uneventful ride up and Aubrey enjoyed playing with Aunt Joy and Nana and Papa. Joy brought her to the mall to meet me on Friday to try on some shoes and to play at the indoor play area. Aubrey walked through Children's Place and grabbed about 5 things asking Aunt Joy to buy them for her. We are going to be in trouble with this one. We settled for a pair of shoes and a Belle nightgown that was on clearance at the Disney Store. While paying for the gown, she said, "Oh Mommy, thank you so much!" Now, how can I resist that.
Saturday we went to shop at a consignment sale and I was able to meet up with my friend Chrystal - which was wonderful!
Nana bought this little (actually not so little) vanity set for Aubrey at the sale. She loved doing everyone's hair and make up.
Sunday we were able to see some old friends at West Cabarrus and then we headed up to Raleigh. I met my friend Bradley from my college days and his sweet wife for dinner. It was raining and nasty all day and Aubrey fell on the wet ground while pumping gas. Not to worry, I had an extra pair of jeans in the suitcase that I pulled out and put on her. Well, about 20 minutes later in the parking lot of Olive Garden, yep she fell again. This time I did not have any extra jeans and I was not very happy with her. I asked her why she could not just stand still instead of jumping all around and falling. While waiting for Bradley to arrive Aubrey announced to me that it was okay her jeans were wet, we could just buy her some new ones. I told her no, she would just have to stay in her wet ones and we could dry them at Ms. Angie's house. I did feel bad as we were leaving the restaurant that I had gotten upset with her for falling because when we got to the car she announced very proudly, "Mommy I did not fall and get wet!"
We then headed to our good friends The Lambert's for the night. We just love this family and had a great time with them. Hannah and Rachel were not feeling well, so that was a bummer. We were blessed with some snow so we stayed a little later yesterday for it clear up on the roads.
Sarah entertained Aubrey on the computer doing make up on Barbie and a bunch of other cool things I did not even know existed. Aubrey loved it!
Of course, you can not stay with three girls and not get your nails done!
I was not planning on snow, so I did not pack accordinly. Here is Aubrey ready to go and play in the snow.



Sarah and Aubrey heading out to play.



All bundled up on the couch wathing tv trying to get warm. When it was time to leave Aubrey wanted to stay. Ususally, I just tell her goodbye and walk away and she yells after me to wait for her. Well, she REALLY wanted to stay because when I tried it, she just gave me a kiss goodbye and went upstairs to keep playing. That trick obviously did not work. I did finally get her to come home with me.
All bundled up watching TV in the car....thank goodness for the car tv - it made the trip bearable! We arrived home last night safe and sound around 10:00. Derek did a great job with Ethan and they had lots of fun while we were gone...including an Orlando Magic basketball game. Derek cleaned the house and even cooked some healthy meals while I was away. I told him I should go away more often. He said one or two nights would be okay, but 4 was a little long. I guess it is a good thing to be missed!

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

I'm glad you made it back safely! It was great to see you and catch up. Aubrey is hilarious!!!