Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Only At Our House

We have had some life insurance paperwork for Derek to fill out around the house for at least two weeks. It even traveled with us in the car to NC, thinking we would fill it out then. Anyway, it was an ongoing joke of sorts at our house each day - Did you fill out the life insurance stuff? Well, Derek finally did it on Sunday and yesterday he told me it was all complete and ready to be sent out. Seeing yesterday was a holiday and it could not go in the mail, it was placed on the washing machine. With that said, you probably know where this story is headed...yep it got washed. I went to change over the stuff in the washer to the dryer and noticed a lot white stuff. At first I just thought it was a receipt or kleenex (that happens often). On closer inspection, I discovered the little adhesive tabs that were placed on where Derek needed to sign. I then knew what had been washed. We just got a good laugh out of it and I called our insurance agent today (a friend of ours) and confessed to what happened. Just another day in the life of our house. I do know that when the new paperwork comes, it is getting filled out right away and safely put into the mailbox!

No comments: