Saturday, October 17, 2009

Block Party


One of the local churches had a block party today that we have been to before so the kids and I went and had a lot of fun. Ethan was good at the basketball game.Ethan on the obstacle course
They had a lot of fun in this bounce house. We got there right when it started so the lines were not long at all. They actually did this twice.

Aubrey coming down the slide. I think she looks really big in this picture. We also did not use a stroller today. She is growing up on me. Last year she was scared of the bounce houses and this year she loves them.
Everything was free at this event and Brusters gave out ice cream. Aubrey is the SLOWEST eater, especially when it comes to ice cream. You would think she would eat it faster so it does not melt, but no. Part of the problem is that she takes tiny little bites. She told us her teacher at school told her she needs to take big bites and Derek and I laughed because that is so true. I ended up counting to 20 and then she had to throw her ice cream out because we wanted to go do other things.
Playing more games

Aubrey had a hard time choosing which prize she wanted.

Aubrey was really cute with the games. She would wind up with a very dramatic swing and then basically place the ball or in this case the ring where it was supposed to go.
Then she would jump up and down and get all excited and act surprised that she did it. It was really funny and all the workers laughed at her.
Come to find out, we should have gone to the face painting inside first thing - mental note for next year!
We waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours to get their faces painted. It took almost 20 minutes then for each one to be painted. I must brag on the kids because they did really well waiting for so long. I know if Derek had been with us we would not have had their faces painted. It helped that I did not have a way to keep track of time one me and once we committed so much time to standing in line I thought we might as well finish. There were four lines and each line painted different things. Well, Ethan started out in the "boy" line and then I guess he got scared two lines over from me and came to join us, declaring that he no longer wanted his face painted. I could understand not wanting to wait so long by himself. It turned out fine though because I explained out situation to the painting lady and asked her if she could do any boy things. It turns out that was really her specialty. So, after waiting so patiently and sitting still to get their faces done:
Aubrey as a fairy (she is running around the house with a fairy costume on now as I type)
Ethan is a tiger. It looks really cool!
So, I had two happy kids in the end and I guess the wait was worth it. We would have put out some money anywhere else for this quality of job. So, a fun day was had and we will just know to do face painting first next year. Off to chuch...

No comments: