Saturday, September 18, 2010

Craft Time with Grandma

Grandma brought along a little craft that the kids did with tissue paper. It is funny because Aubrey does not really get the concept of trees changing colors since we live in Fl.








Aubrey had a project for school as well. We were given a felt square and some items to decorate it. The instructions were to put her last name on it somewhere. We bought some little jewels and the border. I put the jewels on because they were a little to hard for her, but she did the rest. I think it turned out pretty well....we will see what the other kids look like.
Friday around 4pm I was getting ready to mow the grass and a police officer pulled up and stopped in front of our house. He then starts to walk up the driveway. Here is my thought process.
1- I am pretty sure I have not done anything illegal.
2- Derek is at Target, so he must be here to tell me he has been in an accident (There is a family at our church where the husband was involved in a motorcycle accident so I think that is why that popped into my head so quickly)
3- I will need to change because I can't go to the hospital in my lawn mowing clothes. I mow in old jeans with paint stains on them and a ratty tank top.
Luckily, Derek was fine and there was no need for changing. Funny, how that so quickly came to mind. The police officer was there because our neighbor called and gave the wrong address. There is only one house near us that is a rental and the daughter who lives there broke into his porch to steal his wife's cigarettes. My neighbor is a former NY police officer, so he installed surveillance cameras and caught her on tape.




No comments: