Sunday, September 26, 2010

DC Trip

Derek and I took a few extra days before his conference at Liberty and went to DC for a little trip. We took the Reader's Digest tour of most of the museums. We took this picture to show Ethan how small parts of the space shuttle can be.

The classic White House picture. Can you go to DC without taking one?

Derek really wanted to take these pictures. He had to give me a little lesson on how to make it work, as I was not doing it correctly.


We toured the Treasury Dept and I took this picture for Ethan.

We were lucky enough to see my good friend Campbell from high school. She lives in Georgetown and came to meet us for lunch one day. I was able to meet her little girl Ella. Sadly, Harry (her son) was in school. It was so good to catch up with her.

Derek took this of the Capital Building and I thought it was a really good one.

What are the odds that my sister Laura was in DC for work. We were able to meet up with her for dinner. Not the greatest picture of us at the Metro, but it is a picture documenting out time none the less.
Our hotel in Lynchburg had a bottle opener in the bathroom, so of course I had to buy a bottle so that I could use it. While Derek was in class one day, I went to visit my college roommate April and her two girls who live close by. Sadly, I did not take any pictures, but had a great time with them. We enjoyed our time away and can't wait for Aubrey to get a little older so we can take them back to DC.

Aubrey has this silly fascination with Elvis, so we found this ABC book about Elvis for her on our trip.

Ethan got a million dollars - he thought it was the best thing ever. Of course he asked if it was real. Uh, no!












No comments: