Friday, June 3, 2011

Ethan's Fun Run

Ethan had a Fun Run at school in place of Field Day due to the construction of the new building on campus. He asked for pledges for how many laps he could do to raise money for another bus. The most you could do was 8 laps which equalled a 5K. There were different obstacles and things to do on each lap. I was out there with my class, so I was able to run with him some.







They were afraid they might run out of ice pops, so you could not get one on each lap. However, since I was a teacher, they would always give me one. I would eat half and then give the other half to Ethan. Not a bad little system we had going.


He was soaked by the end. I think his shoes are still drying. Some of my class just played in the water the whole time!


It was a lot of fun and Ethan did all 8 laps! He actually did 9, but you could only count 8. They would mark the sleeve of your shirt for each lap. Thanks to the support of many relatives, Ethan raised $160 for the school.

No comments: