Sunday, June 12, 2011

This and That

Kraft recently came out with some fun new marshmallow flavors. I had been wanting to make some rice krispies with the new flavors. We were having a retirement lunch at school and were asked to bring a dessert or drink. Well, of course I do not waste a chance to bring a dessert and thought this would be the perfect time to try these out. Not to mention they were super easy to make!

I made Cinnamon Bun and Chocolate Mint ones. They were good and not too strong on the flavor.



School is out for the summer! Most of my Kindergartners left on Tuesday morning after our celebration, but I still had a few of them that helped me clean and pack up my room. Aubrey loved the freedom to come from her pre-k room to my room, as both classes were not really doing anything of the academic sort. Here she is with one of my students and a friend from her class. Aren't our floors lovely? The painted floors did not hold up well to chairs and tables being moved. They are supposed to be redone over the summer.

We have a very acrobatic squirrel who liked to visit our bird feeder. It was unreal. We just stayed there and watched him hand upside down and then go back up to get food. Our neighbor even noticed his unique style of getting food.



As mentioned before, Aubrey loves to match me. She was so excited when we found these dresses at Target. It is rare to find exactly matching things in both our sizes. They were a little expensive (for me) so we waited and they went on clearance this week, so we grabbed them. She loved wearing them to church today. However, I was working in the cafe and had an apron on most of time so not as many people noticed. Those who did got a big grin from Aubrey!

No comments: