Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Pleasurable Things

This is Aubrey's favorite thing to do right now - eat grapes. She will walk up to the fridge and say "uh, uh, uh" until someone gives her a grape. Unfortunately, they have to be limited because too many upset her tummy. She is just too cute to resist. She gets several at breakfast and then only single servings throughout the day. The look of delight on her face when she gets one and says "thank you" and walks away. The simple pleasures of a child!



Ethan is very domesticated. He loves to clean, vacuum and mop the floor. Now he enjoys ironing as well. He was using a toy as a pretend iron, so Nana picked up a toy set while she is visiting. He loves it and is very particular about his ironing. He now wants all his clothes ironed for real. He even requests his pajamas are ironed. I have only done that once. What a crazy little guy! I am sure he will be out of this phase when he really can help me and cleaning is part of his chores. I am taking lots of pictures as proof for me one day that he really did enjoy it at one time.


I spent the day at a local resort today. We got a pass for 2 weeks to use it. Nana and Papa are visiting so I took the day off. It has been a long time since I have laid in a hammock and read a book. I was also able to go into the adult pool instead of the kid pool. I love my kids dearly, but it was nice to have a break today. Denise, the pastor's wife joined me as well a new friend Rebecca. We had a really nice time.

Derek should be on a plane now to Guatemala to surprise the West Cabarrus mission group. He really wanted to go for the whole trip, but it did not work out. To our knowledge only the missionary knows he is coming. I wish I could see the look on their faces when he walks in this evening. What a great surprise!

3 comments:

PoppenDramaDiva said...

Heather! Thanks so much for doing this for Derek and the team. That is incredible. I can't wait to hear all about it! Me

Beth Daugherty said...

Derek is going to make them all cry. I cried just thinking about all the memories from our trips! I hope he has a wonderful time and I'm glad you got to relax. I just got back from Peru and am exhausted.

Unknown said...

I was so glad Angie emailed me your blogspot! I'm so glad your settling in to such a wonderful place - just think - no more ice storms! I will enjoy checking your site. God bless you in this new chapter - you are truly missed by many. Sandy