Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hair Cuts
















Ethan and Mom both got hair cuts today. Ethan got his cut to do his spike better. He was a very good boy for his haircut. As we were riding home he told me his gum fell out on the apron. I asked him if he told the lady cutting his hair and he said she did not notice. He did tell me he did not put it back in his mouth because it got hair all over it. Oops, I hope it did not get all smushed into the apron, that could be a mess.




I got my hair cut and colored. This was my first time having my whole hair colored. It had gotten pretty blond after many times of highlights. I decided it was time to get back to my natural color because keeping it up was getting to be too much for me. It is pretty dark right now, but the hairdresser assured me that it would get lighter as I washed it so that is why she started out darker. I feel like I look more like my sister Laura now instead of Kelly. Kelly you should appreciate that! Of course, it was looking all nice and then since it is July in Fl it was raining again so I got it all wet. Oh well, so much for glamor.
This is Ms. Linda. She lives behind us and works in the deaf ministry at our church. She has been an answered prayer to us. She watched the kids today for me while I got my hair done. One of the things I was looking the least forward to about our move, was moving away from Nana and Papa. Not only for their company, but for their help with the kids. I know now that I took them for granted and used them so much to run an errand or things such as getting my hair cut. Well, the Lord has been very good to us with placing us near Ms. Linda. She has been such a blessing to us and has already helped with the kids on several occasions. When we were moving in she kept them some while we painted. Ethan is such a sweet boy, today he asked if he could take her some flowers. Ms. Linda was widowed early and seems to be lonely. I obviously do not know that many people yet and have really enjoyed her company. It is so wonderful to have someone that close by to count on. Just today as I was mowing, I ran out of gas. Instead of loading the kids into the car all hot and sweaty, I took a chance with Ms. Linda. We were in luck, she had some gas and willingly loaned me some so that I could finish up the grass just in time for the rain to start.
Ethan helped me make some sausage balls for Derek as a surprise when he got home. He has been hinting lately that he would like some. Ethan likes to help in the kitchen.

No comments: