Monday, February 25, 2008

Back Home

We made it back home on Saturday from Dallas and are getting back into our routine. I learned a lot from the children's conference and am excited about implementing some of the ideas. We got to hear the great Bishop T.D Jakes one night and he was awesome. That man can preach!
While getting Ethan ready for school today we realized that his tennis shoes are indeed to small. This is when I miss living close to Concord Mills Mall. Our shoe choices in our town are limited and I really did not feel like driving 30 miles just for shoes. So we checked out the shoe options this afternoon. The ones that Ethan really wanted were $45 (he moved up to the bigger boy size) and the ones on sale were not in his size. I found another pair in his size on sale for $20, but he was still not interested. I just could not justify spending the $45 and the box of the cheaper shoes rescued me. I noticed that the shoe name was speed racer and that was all that needed to be said. Ethan tried them on and ran up and down the aisle announcing that indeed they did make him run faster. So we left in the $20 shoes. Derek has always told me it is all about how you present something and today that was true.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

Very impressive! Amazing what you can get kids to believe isn't it?! I'm not sure I could have come up with that one so quickly.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.