Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aubrey's First Day

Our sweet Aubrey went to preschool today! She loved it and so did Mommy. I do have to wake up earlier to make sure we are all ready in time, but that is okay. We dropped Ethan off first and then took Aubrey to her school. She walked in and said "Aubrey needs to share." I guess we have been working on that more than I realized. She went to her little corner of baby dolls and play food. I stayed with her a few minutes and then gave her a hug and told her I was leaving. She looked at me and asked, "Mommy come back?" I said of course, after lunch Mommy will come back to get you. She turned back to playing and I headed for the door. She then screamed out, "Mommy wait, need to give you a kiss!" She ran over to me and was about to give me a hug and in the process the tea cup she was holding went flying. I could just see her mind working. She was very perplexed between giving me the kiss or getting the cup. The cup won and she quickly retrieved it and then came and gave me a kiss.


Aubrey all ready to go to school.
Proudly holding her Princess lunch box.
Ethan and his teacher Mrs. Ramage. She is just wonderful and everything we have been praying for in a teacher for Ethan.
Aubrey and one of her teachers, Ms. Kristin.
Aubrey with the dolls and the play food. I think she was yelling "share" again in this picture. Now hopefully, she will follow that rule!
Aubrey covering the doll with the blanket so she could go night, night.
Aubrey found an apron and was playing with food. The blue cup was the cup that went flying across the room.

When I picked Aubrey up today she could not stop talking about what she did. Here are some of the things she did according to her:
Painted - no touch it is drying. (Her teacher informed me that is what they told her after it was done, that she could not touch it because it was drying.)
Played slide - it was wet
Played puzzle

Her teachers told me that she loved music time. They sang her all time favorite, Wheels On The Bus. She kept asking for it again and again. Aubrey pointed to the CD player and told me that the song came from it. She loves to listen to that song in my car and she does ask for it over and over again.

As we were leaving Aubrey told me she was beautiful and that Mommy curled her hair. This is new and we may need to work on modesty some!
Aubrey hugged all her teachers as we left and she was asking when she could go back again.

I am thrilled that Aubrey had a great day! She really is a joy to be around and a little ball of sunshine, always making people smile. She must get that from me:)

What did I do with my 4 hours of free time?? Well, I went to church and had a meeting, ran a few errands and then met Ms. Anne for lunch. Aubrey is now napping before we have to go pick Ethan up from school.

No comments: