Thursday, August 28, 2008

Proud Owners of a Wii

Ethan won the Wii at church tonight and was he ever excited. The Children's ministry was giving out one in a drawing to promote summer attendance. Every Wednesday for the last 2 months he got to put a ticket in the Wii box. I was in charge of getting the Wii and it has been sitting in our guest room closet the whole time. Tonight we had a service and he was the winner. Pastor Barry called me up to help with the drawing. I had a fish bowl filled with the tickets. After mixing them around several times in my hand, I let one of the kids in the front row pick the ticket. When she said Ethan Overton we were all shocked. I looked at Barry to ask him if that was okay and he said it was fair. I am so glad that I did not pull the ticket. I would have felt that I would have had to draw another one. Ethan was ecstatic! He got many congratulations tonight and many phone calls were made on the way home from church. I set it up and we played a game of bowling before he went to bed. We were bad parents tonight and let him stay up until 10 on a school night, but it just did not seem right to not let him play once before he went to bed. I think Derek will want Guitar Hero for his birthday in Nov.The VERY happy boy.

Ethan actually did very well playing bowling.




Mom won the game. Dad also played, but he was hot after the worship service and was not appropriately dressed for a picture.Bruster was our audience.
So, we had an exciting evening in our house tonight. Pam told Ethan that being a Pastor's kid had an advantage because we are there all the time to be able to put his ticket into the drawing. I think he only missed one week while we were in MI.

No comments: