Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Home Bound

We are at home waiting out Tropical Storm Fay. We are still not sure how it will effect us, but we have wind and rain. School was canceled today and has been for tomorrow as well. Last night we brought in all the stuff off the porch and took the net off the trampoline and brought it into the garage. I was planning on cleaning today, but with plants in our bedroom, patio furniture in our dining room and plants in the guest bedroom I decided it was not worth it. It would be much more fun to just play with the kids. We got the Geo Tracks out and Aubrey was really enjoying them. She is sort of clumsy around them though, so we have to do a lot of repairs.
Ethan did his homework project last night even though school was canceled. He was instructed to decorate the person with things that he liked. One of the options was food, so that was what he did. I thought he turned out cute. I really did not help much at all.
Since we were staying home today I had dressed Aubrey in lounging pants and a shirt to be comfy. That lasted about 30 minutes before she wanted a dress on. She now has to pick out her own dress to wear. She is such a girl! Another new thing she loves to do it talk on the phone. If you have called recently you have been blessed with talking to her because she will not stop asking to talk until I give in and let her so that I can actually hear the person I am talking too. She also likes to then close my cell phone and hang up on whoever calls. Oh the joys of a toddler!
We played with the trains a lot today. Ethan was putting out the signs while Aubrey was napping. Notice his shirt...he made it for Thanksgiving in two year old preschool. I asked him why he was wearing it and he said it was a stay at home shirt. He has tried to wear it in public before because he just loves it and we would not let him, so he thought he would wear it today since we were not going anywhere; makes sense.
Our huge train project. I told them it is coming down tomorrow because it really is in the way, but we have had fun with it. This is when we miss our bonus room from NC.
We ended our evening with a chocolate lava cake for dessert. I thought it was a good rainy, stay home kind of day dessert. One day of staying in all day was nice, tomorrow I might start to go a little crazy.

1 comment:

Chrystal said...

That cake looks delicious! Hopefully the rain from Fay will come our way and leave you guys alone. I would go stir crazy in the house for two days too.