Friday, September 18, 2009

Responsibility and Pink Hair

Wednesday Ethan's class did the character assembly at school. Each student said how they were responsible. Ethan said he was responsible by taking the dishes out of the dishwasher. He did do this one time for me and is was so cute. He had all these little stacks all over the counter because he could not reach were anything went, except the silverware. I think it took him about 30 minutes, but he did it without complaining. Good choice Ethan. I need to get him to do it more often!

They sang this little chant about being responsible that was really cute. This was the only decent picture I got because every time they did a hand motion the tall girl next to him had her hands right over Ethan's face. Taking a bow at the end.

Derek brought home some pink hair gel for Aubrey from the Halloween section at the store. She was terrified of it and did not want to put it in. Yesterday morning while I was taking Ethan to school, Derek finally convinced her it would be okay. She looked cute with her little pink highlight!

The other night I was trimming up Ethan's hair around his ears for picture day the following day. I decided to try to give Aubrey a little trim too, how hard could it be right? She hated it and would not sit still and started screaming after about two snips. I was only taking off about an inch, but now we were committed. I finally got her to settle down and she said, "I don't want to have boy hair!" The poor little thing thought I was going to cut it all off. This summer we were watching old videos from when I was a kid and I had short hair and Aubrey asked me why I had boy hair. I guess that is what she thought I was going to do to her!






No comments: