Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas in NC

Sunday after church we headed to Concord to spend the week with Nana and Papa to celebrate Christmas. We opened stockings when we arrived on Sunday night. Bruster even had a stocking.

Aubrey opening her stocking.
She got some lip gloss and of course had to put it on right away!

Ethan modeling a new scarf.
Monday we opened the rest of our presents. With our schedules it did not work out this year for us to see Melody and her family in Delaware and we missed having them around and the cousins to play with.
Aubrey opening one of her many presents.

The band to go with their circus.
Nana passing out presents.
Papa taking it all in- he is in charge of clean up after we make a huge mess!


Ethan got a keyboard. This was the strangest Christmas for us with things either not working or being broken. This keyboard had a broken key when we opened it. Ethan decided to trade it in for drums instead. He also got some digital drumsticks that did not work and a remote control car that broke the first time he used it. My Wii Active also would not work when ever I went to my right side. What is up with all this craziness. We were afraid I was going to be banned from Target with all my returns, but I must say they were very nice and accommodating. Oh, I forgot to mention that I did not remember that Nana had bought Aubrey the camping set for her doll house and we bought her that too. Nana gave me a heads up and we were curious to see how she would react when she opened it up. She had a strange look on her face and then said, "I have two camping sets now!" We exchanged that as well. I also forgot that Joy got Ethan Operation, and Derek picked that up for him. I need to keep better notes next year!
Aubrey asked Nana for this Polly Pocket swimming pool several months ago and was very excited to get it. Poor Nana and Papa went to about 6 stores looking for it because Nana thought I told her it was a My Little Pony pool, which does not exist. Once we cleared that up, she found it easily. What Grandparents go through to make their grandchildren happy!
Derek opening some gifts.
Joy took a turn opening some. I think Papa needs a nap from all the excitement! Sorry Papa - it was the only picture I had of Joy opening her presents.
Aunt Joy and Aubrey playing with her Cherilee pony she got her.
Aubrey feeding her Baby Alive. She had requested this from Aunt Joy several months ago as well.
Aubrey and Papa relaxing and watching a movie.

Ethan decided to reuse all the boxes and made a pet shop on the porch.

Here he is petting on of the aminals. Derek had gone to Best Buy to try to find something to make our Rock Band instruments work (we forgot the wireless adapters) and there was not anything, but he came back with an early Valentines/Birthday present for me. After seeing the video that was taken at church on Christmas Eve of the band on this little video camera I told Derek I would like to have one for my birthday. Derek says that it is rare that I ask for anything and they were on sale so he wanted to get me one. He also said he knew I would use it. I really could have waited until my birthday, but I have to say that I LOVE my new Flip video. It fits in the palm of my hand and it downloads directly to the computer. It is so, so easy and I am excited for all the video I will now be able to take. Below is Ethan giving a tour of his pet shop. There will be many more videos to come!






Playing with the Polly Pocket swimming pool.
Not sure who likes it more, Ethan or Aubrey.
Cuddling with Daddy- we enjoyed our stay and were sad to have to leave.

1 comment:

Rebekah S said...

That is so funny because we also had several things that were either broken or pieces missing. The elves were not on their game this year. lol