Friday, August 13, 2010

Ethan Returns Home

We picked Ethan up from camp this morning and he had a great time. We found these great little disposable toothbrushes at the Dollar Store for him to use to brush his teeth. On the way home I asked him if they worked well for him and he said, "Yes, but I only used one package." There are only four in a package, so I said, "You only brushed your teeth 4 times!" His response was, "Well Mom it was camp and sometimes things like that just happen." We got a good laugh out of that. I did however discover when unpacking his stuff that he used 6 brushes. That is almost once a day, so it could have been worse.
His favorite thing was the rock wall that he got to climb. His counselors were really fun and crazy. They told us that Ethan and the two other boys from our church in his cabin were the best kids they had all summer.
Ethan also loved buying stuff from the snack shack. That is always a highlight for some reason. They were able to buy a Papa John's pizza one night and he split one with his two friends. He kept asking if they wanted anymore and they did not so Ethan ate 5 pieces!
Ethan also got a ton of camper mail. He said he really liked it, but sometimes he could not carry it all he had so much. He had lots of emails sent that were printed off for him to read and a couple of cards as well. He thinks he got the most of all the campers. He is one well loved little boy I tell you! Thanks to all who sent him notes. (Rachel, if you have any pictures that you took of Ethan at camp will you please email them to me.)
I am washing his nasty camp laundry and we are packing up the car to head to TN early in the morning to vacation with Derek's family. We are leaving the kids on Wednesday and heading to Asheville, NC for a Pastor and Elder retreat. We will join up with Nana and Papa on Friday and get the kids back and head home. School starts that Monday, so it will be busy. I am all ready for it with all our supplies and uniforms ready to go. I even have some Lunchables for the first day of school so I don't need to worry about making lunches. I am sure I will have tons of pictures to post about our vacation when we get back.

No comments: