Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day of School

We were up bright and early today for the first day of school. We were taking this picture at 6:45 when it was still a little dark outside. I could not believe that Derek was awake and willing to take our picture so early. I wanted to get to school with plenty of time before kids arrived this morning. I am subbing for a third grade class whose teacher resigned on Saturday for a couple of weeks until a permanent teacher can be hired.




Aubrey is going to a new preschool this year where she wears a uniform as well. How cute is she in her little jumper?
My big Second Grader! He was such a big help to me both before and after school today. He cleaned desks off, swept the floor, stocked my mini fridge with drinks and sharpened many pencils. We did not leave school until about 5:40 and then had to stop by Target for a few things I needed for tomorrow. I love subbing much more than being the classroom teacher, these long days are going to kill me!

Ethan at his desk. He is right next to his best friend Jordan - three years in a row of having him in his class.

Ethan's teacher Mrs. Hilton

Ethan with the Butler girls. They are all in the same class this year.

Aubrey's teacher Mrs. LeDoux. Aubrey says that she broke her knee, but not sure if that is true. She obviously has a knee injury though.
Aubrey at the kitchen in her classroom.
Carrying on our tradition of cookies on the first day of school. I planned ahead in case I was called to sub and saved out some that I made for our trip to TN and put them in the freezer. Sprinkles for Aubrey
Chocolate chip for Ethan

No comments: