Friday, August 27, 2010

I Survived

I survived teaching full time for one week. A teacher was hired, but I am going to overlap with her on Monday and Tuesday to help transition the kids. It was a good test to see if I was ready to go back to work full time and the answer is a very big NO! I did enjoy it, but it was way too much work to be a classroom teacher. Some positives from this week are that I learned that I still do enjoy teaching and it seems it is still where my gifting lies. I was begged all week to stay and take the job permanently. I also learned that it will be pretty easy for me to obtain a Fl teaching license. I had always been thinking that I would have to renew my NC one, which would require taking many online classes. In Fl, it appears that I just have to apply and take a test similar to the Praxis, and I have an active teaching license. I am going to call on Wednesday and confirm all of this. I am going to move in that direction and get my Fl license. I have told the administration at Ethan's school that my dream job would be to work two to three days a week and work with the kids who are below grade level. Hopefully, this could become a reality next year.
Derek did a great job this week helping out while I was working. He was basically in charge of Aubrey. Taking her to school and picking her up each day. When I came home from school he already had lunches ready for the next day. He did laundry, cleaned and even cooked a meal for friends that came over for dinner last night. I really do appreciate him and he really helped me out. Yesterday I came home to some beautiful flowers that he and Aubrey bought for me. They are purple, my favorite color.

No comments: