Sunday, August 29, 2010

Back To School BBQ

Last night we went to the back to school event that Ethan's school was having. The highlight was getting their faces painted.


The pink on Aubrey's face did not wash off too well. It may have something to do with the fact that she REALLY did not want soap on her face. I used her tear free shampoo instead. We tried a baby wipe before church to try to get rid of the pink tint, but that did not work either.
As is typical of our lives, each day holds an adventure. The kids and I were out the door a few minutes before nine so that we could go pick up a friend whose car is being repaired for church. Aubrey starts to complain in the car "when are we going to be there. I just want to get to church." This was odd to me, as this was a first. After picking up my friend, she noticed Aubrey was trying to fall asleep. Pulling into the church parking lot, Aubrey starts to complain her tummy hurts. You can guess where this is going...yep she threw up right before we entered the church in the parking lot. Everyone was so nice and brought us paper towels and helped rinse away her mess. I took her to the bathroom and cleaned her up some more and we headed home. We actually stopped at Walmart on the way home. I picked her up some medicine and this cool pack that sticks to her head. After stopping at 5 Redboxes, trying to find Dora's Big Birthday Adventure (we have been looking for it for a few weeks and never have any luck) we finally found it.


Here is my sweet little girl ready for a day of relaxing. Before you feel too sorry for her, she seems to be healed! I totally staged this picture for the blog. I did make the couch up for her, but we found an outfit for her ZuZu pet on clearance at Walmart that I let her get and she is playing with Ethan.




This is what she is really doing. She does seem to be doing much better, I guess the rest of the day will tell if she is really sick or not. I am all ready committed to sub tomorrow and it is a testing day for the kids, so Derek will have to stay home with her if she is not able to go to preschool.



No comments: