Friday, October 8, 2010

Friday Fun

The teachers at Ethan's school were having a special lunch and looking for parents to come in and watch the kids at lunch and recess. I happily volunteered Derek and myself. Derek was a good sport to spend part of his day off at the school.

It was pizza day, so a lot of the kids bought lunch.

Derek playing monkey in the middle with Ethan and some friends at recess.

Aubrey has been struggling with talking at school when she is not supposed to (she is obviously my daughter) and has been moving her clip to yellow as a result. We have been working on some strategies for how she can remember not to talk when it is inappropriate. She was so excited today when I picked her up that she stayed on green all day long. This was a huge goal for her, so I am taking her out to lunch on Monday to celebrate and hopefully encourage this behavior in the future.

It was also a very good day, because she got to take Clifford, the class pet, home for the weekend. We are to take pictures of what she does with him. I will post on that later.

Ethan did the sweetest thing yesterday. He got to go to the treasure box at school and he chose this Zhu Zhu pet bed for Aubrey because he knew she had been wanting one. He saved it for her until she could have a green day at school. Silly boy asked me if he had to smile for the picture, so that is the reason for the serious face.

I was going through Aubrey's work from school from the week and came across this one. It took me a second, but look at her name. I love that she ran out of room at the end for the "y", so where else would you put it but of course back at the beginning. Most kids put it underneath the last letter. Aubrey thinking outside the box. Too cute! I also really like the really long legs on her girl.
We decided to make caramel apples tonight. Aubrey washing her apple.
Ethan drying his apple

Clifford helping out

Derek brought out the hammer to help get the sticks into the apples. Everyone had a turn with the hammer.







Enjoying the yummy caramel apples!

It has been very pleasant in the evening, so Derek is camping on the lanai with the kids (and Clifford) tonight. Too bad there is not enough room for me, I will have to suffer in the nice big cozy bed.







1 comment:

Maher Family said...

Cute family! Your children are beautiful. We are so proud Aubrey was able to stay on green! Us females know how difficult it can be without talking to one of our friends all day! I can't imagine a school day without being a chatty kathy. Those caramel apples look so yummy! Delish! :)