Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sea World Halloween Spooktacular

Sunday after church we went to Sea World for the Halloween Spookatcular. Aubrey is Ariel and Ethan is the Incredible Hulk (he chose not not wear his mask to the park). Yes, we colored their hair with the spray in coloring. We got several comments on Aubrey's hair.

There was lots of candy stations around the park.


There were all these characters dressed up as well.
Aubrey still loves the Polar Bear cave the best at Sea World.

She would have played here all day long. It was close to 90 that day, so Ethan got to hot and took off his costume.


Another favorite is the Crab Ride.




The was my favorite part of the day. One of the characters was a mermaid. Of course, Aubrey had to get her picture with her. Aubrey looked at her and in all seriousness said, "I am just dressed up like a mermaid for Halloween, I am not a real mermaid like you." Just precious!

We saw a groundhog. I had never seen a real one before, and he was much bigger than I thought he would be. The trainer said the ones in the wild would actually be about twice the size width wise. His name was Digger and we were fascinated by him.

We accumulated a bunch of candy and it is not even Halloween yet. I knew I would get tired of the kids always asking in they could have a piece of getting onto them for eating too much. I decided to make a little check sheet to keep by the candy. Each member is allowed 5 pieces per day. The kids can have all of their pieces right when they wake up if they want, they just have to check it off. Anyone caught cheating does not get any candy the next day. This goes for me too. It is actually sort of hard because I am the type of person who will grab a piece every time I walk by the bowl. So far, it has worked well. There have even been a few days that we did not even have all of our allotted amount.

No comments: