Sunday, January 13, 2008

Company's Coming

Tonight we had a family over for dinner from church. We had a very nice time with the Scott family. I have to give credit to Derek tonight. He planned the menu, did the shopping and prepared most of the food. He grilled steaks, washed the lettuce and chopped up all the vegetables to go with the salad and made the potatoes. All I had to do was clean and make the dessert. He even helped with some of the cleaning when he got home today. I really appreciate him and all that he did. Everyday cooking is not his thing, but he really steps up and helps when we are entertaining. I love him very much and am thankful for him tonight.


Here is Derek's lovely presentation of our salad bar for the night. It was very creative and looked very eye catching.
Ethan helped out before our guests arrived by feeding Aubrey her Mac and cheese. Now, Aubrey can feed herself, but in the interest of keeping my freshly mopped floor clean, we were assisting her tonight. Ethan was not terribly excited about it and after a few spoonfuls, he was complaining that his arm hurt. He made it through with some prompting from Mom. I think deep down he kind of liked it.

Please be in prayer for Jill Rose. She is the wife of the youth pastor at our previous church. We got a report today that she is in the hospital and not doing very well. She had her gall bladder out a couple of days ago, but they are not that was the problem. We heard that she had some complications with the surgery and some of her levels, like blood sugar, are not good and she is still in the hospital. They are a very sweet family and they are in our thoughts tonight.

1 comment:

sara said...

Hello! Hope you all are doing well. I'm testing at work this week, so I have some time I don't normally have to surf the web!! I'm glad I finally had a chance to look you up. We are all doing well. The boys are busy, H-playing basketball, K- doing gymnastics and poor E- being pulled along with them!! Gracie will be a year old this month. She is having tubes put in tomorrow. She has had a time with ear infections and is allergic to most good drugs. Hope to hear from you soon- Sara