Saturday, January 26, 2008

Trip to St. Augustine

We went to St. Augustine yesterday with Grandma and Grandpa and had a very nice time. We started out at the fort and got there just in time to see a cannon being fired. Ethan was hilarious as we toured the fort. He loved being the tour guide and telling us what he thought things were used for. My favorite comment was about a large rock. He told us that is weighed 69.2 and that it needed 4 pirates to pick it up and that in order to do that they had to eat their vegetables every day. He was completely serious. We just died laughing. There were two older ladies within ear shot and they thought it was funny as well. So funny in fact that they tagged along while Ethan continued his tour.
Cannon being fired.

Ethan watching the cannon being fired on Daddy's shoulders.Ethan and Derek in the lookout tower.
Family shot - it was very windy. (obvious by my lovely hair)

Ethan checking out a cannon.
All bundled up int the carriage tour. We had a hard time finding it, but really enjoyed it when we did. Aubrey slept through it. She woke up at the very end and said "horsey" like where did he come from.
Ethan checking out the horse.Ethan feeding the horse a carrot. He grabbed the whole thing right out of his and and even licked his hand in the process.

I made a cake for Grandma's birthday a little early since it is only 3 days before Aubrey's. Grandma requested a low fat cake - so that is what we had.

So I got the Deceptively Delicious cookbook by Jerry Sienfeld's wife. I had a lot of friends talking about it and thought we would give it a try. She purees vegetables and put them in food so that you do not taste them. Both kids do not eat very many vegetables anymore, so I thought I would be a good mom and try it out. I started with the scrambled eggs with cauliflower this morning. I picked this one because I do not like cauliflower and thought this would be a good test. Grandpa went with me to the store when we bought the cauliflower and was less than trilled about trying them. I told everyone this morning they had to at least try one bite. Well, the whole batch of eggs got eaten. Grandpa even went back for seconds! It really made a believer out of me and I am excited to try more. We are trying the brownies with spinach and carrots tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Cute pix. Chocolate cake made with tomatoes is also yummy! You wouldn't think so, but you can't taste it and it is super moist. (We had so many tomatoes this summer we were looking for all kinds of ways of using them!)

--J/C