Saturday, January 19, 2008

Grocery Store



This morning Ethan was playing grocery store (thanks to Aunt Joy at Christmas). It was very cute so I took some pictures to share. He likes to watch Zack and Cody on Disney and they were working at a grocery store. That was his inspiration this morning. I think it is funny that the cash registers have credit cards with them now. As he was playing this morning I took a trip down memory lane. My older sister Laura and I used to spend hours in my Grandma's basement playing grocery store. She had a large pantry down there with a child's dream of canned goods. We did not have a fancy cash register, but what we had was even better -the treadmill. Yep, that was our grocery belt and we would run canned goods over it and bag them for hours. Many years later my Mom told me that Grandma kept the pantry in particular order. Things that expired first were in front and so forth. Well, we had no idea and totally messed up the whole pantry. When my grandpa was alive Mom said he would spend hours down there after we left reorganizing it the way my grandma liked it. The things you will do for the pleasure of your grandchildren. We did at least put the items back on the shelves. Anyway, that is my memory of grocery store.

No comments: