Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Willpower

Why was I not blessed with willpower? Derek gave me these chocolate covered cherries for Valentine's Day because they are a favorite of mine. I participate in Weight Watchers where I am a lifetime member and only have to weigh in once a month. This really helps me stay on track. This Thursday happens to be a weigh in day for me. I told Derek not to be offended, but I was not going to open them until after my weigh in. Well, Sunday after dinner I was wanting one of these little guys. My weight was good and I was pretty confident that I would make my weight on Thursday. You can probably guess where this is going. I opened the box telling myself I would only eat one.
This is what the package looked like on Monday afternoon! That is right, one cherry turned into five! I am still okay on my weight for Thursday and I have been counting the points for the ones that I eat. I just wish I had the willpower to eat only one. Derek has great willpower. He can be eating his favorite meal or dessert and if he is full he just stops. I don't really even have to be hungry to eat. Eating is more a hobby for me. That is why Weight Watchers is a wonderful program for me. I will exercise for 2 hours just so that I can eat something I don't have the points to eat. Oh, how I wish I had willpower when it comes to sweets in particular.

2 comments:

Chrystal said...

I AM SO WITH YOU ON THIS ONE!! I have zero willpower when it comes to my hobby of enjoying food. Dave, on the other hand, is a pillar of strength! Weight . . . something I hope our girls never have to deal with!

Caroline said...

I have no willpower at all...I really can't have sweets in the house or I will eat them all until they're gone! So don't feel bad...I'm right there with you:)