Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cookie Bakers


Aubrey and I baked lots of cookies today on a terribly rainy morning yesterday. We made three different kinds of cookies for the choir members. Tomorrow is their last practice before summer break so we wanted to give them a little treat for all their hard work this year.
Of course, nothing turns out easily. I only had to fish for a few eggs shells since Aubrey was helping, but the ribbon caused us problems. You would think it would be easy to pick out ribbon for treat bags...not for us. It took us 30 minutes and the only reason that we finally or I should say Derek finally made a decision was that the store announced it was closing. Then, as we were tying on the ribbons, there was not enough for all the bags. Back I went this morning to get more ribbon and of course, there was not anymore of that color. I deliberated for a few minutes and finally decided on something else. After all that, Derek forgot the cookies at home when he left for church. Luckily, he was not too far away and I caught him on his cell so it saved me a trip out to the church. Hopefully, the are now safely at the church so that the choir can enjoy them!

No comments: