Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Steak for Lunch

Today I surprised Derek with a steak for lunch at work. As you can imagine there is a story behind it. A couple of years ago were were watching Giada DeLaurentis on the Food Network and she cooked her husband steak and took it to work. It has been a little joke running how nice that must be. So I planned it all out and today was that day. I bought the steak that he likes and then I grilled it all by myself. I have never grilled a steak before since Derek always does it. Part was too rare, but he was able to eat most of it. I even got the ladies at work involved in it so that he would be surprised. It was a good thing to because one of them had to stop him from heating up the frozen lunch I had sent with him so that he wouldn't suspect anything.


Here is the happy man with his surprise lunch.

He decided to move it into the kitchen and eat with the ladies because it is not any fun to have a steak lunch and not be able to gloat a little about it! I even made him a homemade ice cream sandwich rolled in nuts for dessert. The little surprise was a success and I have to say it was a lot of fun pulling it off. In the book "Bringing Up Girls" it is mentioned that there are so many Cinderellas out there and so few Prince Charmings. I am glad I found my Prince Charming and sometimes I just need to stop and show him how much I really do love him and am thankful for all he does for us!

No comments: