Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gum

Today Aubrey had her first piece of gum. I think she may have tried it one other time, but swallowed it right away. I laid down some ground rules and decided it was time to let her try.
Our first attempt was successful! She did not chew it very long, but she did not get any in her hair, which is what I have been dreading. She holds onto the gum and chews just a little at a time and then spits it out.
Ethan started chewing gum before he was three. It was a really big deal when Aubrey was born. That was how he was a big boy and we made it very special - that he could chew gum when he was a big brother. It was neat because friends and family knew about it and brought him gum to the hospital. Wow, the difference in our children. I would never of dreamed of giving Aubrey gum and three. I am still a little nervous of it now. Messes just seem to attract to her, and gum can cause a lot of problems. We will see how she does...


Well, that did not last long. I finished typying the above post and Ethan tells me Aubrey has gum in her hair.
The crazy part is that it is Ethan's gum! They were lying next to each other on the floor and he was trying to make a bubble and the end result was his gum in her hair! Are you kidding me!?! All I can do is laugh over it. We tried ice and decide to take the easy route and just cut it out. It was in the back of her hair so it should not be too noticeable.

New gum chewing rule: her hair has to be in a ponytail and Ethan can not blow bubbles next to her. NEVER a dull moment around this house!

No comments: