Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Early Morning

Derek was up this morning at 6:15, on purpose. He had to be at church for the men's fraternity breakfast at 6:30. This is a huge stretch for Derek. For those of you who know him he is more of an 8:00 riser and not really happy waking up then either. He is not a morning person. So he was off this morning early and was supposed to come home early. However, it is 3:45 and still no sighting. He just called and was heading home and got a call that one of the band members was coming to meet with him, so he is headed back to the church. He is such a dedicated and hard worker and I love him for that.

Ethan is transitioning out of his naps. Yikes! I guess I was lucky to get them as long as I did. Now he has to do quiet play while Aubrey is sleeping. He chose Play-doh today. He is making Sponge Bob cookies with a stamp he has. Aubrey's high chair is his oven. He is so creative! And yes, his shirt is on backwards. He is into dressing himself and thinks it looks cool. I just laughed and told him he needed to turn it around before we go to the kids program at church tonight.Here is a picture of Aubrey and her shiner. It really is not that bad. I had a couple concerned questions about her so I thought I would show you it really is not that bad. Just a little bruise under her left eye. She woke up from her nap and went straight for her beads. She loves to wear those silly things.

I finished my book and my blanket today that I was enjoying while being on vacation. Now it is back to laundry and the house really needs to be cleaned. I have a meeting with the children's ministry tonight at church. Ethan is going with me so Derek and Aubrey will get some quality time together. It looks like I will have a part time job working for Barry, the children's pastor, at church. It will be 10 hours a week and I can do most of it from home. We are going to try it out for 3 months and see how it goes. God continues to take care of us! Well, off to peel some potatoes for dinner. Derek is grilling steaks - yummy!

1 comment:

CarolinaTrish said...

I wish we were there to contribute some Crab legs!!!