Thursday, August 9, 2007

Reading Makes Me Sleepy

Today I worked on painting the trim of all the rooms. Ethan and Aubrey were left to play on their own in their rooms. Aubrey was being mean to Ethan, biting and scratching, so he decided watching me paint was more fun. Aubrey was looking at books. I did not hear her for awhile so I went to check to see what she had gotten into. This is what I found. I guess reading makes her sleepy too.

We went over to our Spiritual Development Pastor's house tonight for dinner. He lives on a small lake and Ethan and Derek enjoyed some fishing. However, they did not catch anything. They also enjoyed a boat ride. John's grandsons were over and Ethan enjoyed playing with them. We had a nice time.


Here the kids are eating dinner. Aubrey had to be a part of it and just climbed right up and scooted the boys down until there was room for her. Her catchup was not good enough either, Ethan's was better. I guess she got full because she kept wanting to feed Ethan her chicken nuggets. Crazy little girl!Here is our red wall in our living room that I am very proud of. We had left the top still white because we thought the pastor's dad was going to come back and do the professional job for us. His health had not been so good, so I took it upon myself. Not a professional job, but good enough. Derek bought this edger that has wheels. I attached it to the painting pole and it did really well. The red wall was the hardest. I thought I was all done with the painting. On the way home from dinner Derek asked me if I was saving the kids bathroom for him. I had forgotten it needed to be finished as well. I guess that is tomorrows project.

Derek is my hero tonight because he fixed our garbage disposal. A few days ago it decided not to work. It had some food in it so needless to say it was getting pretty stinky. Derek tried a few things and then thought he would try plunging it. It worked! Who knew you could plunge a garbage disposal. I am so glad to have a handy man!

No comments: