Monday, August 13, 2007

Mom's Little Helper

Some background is needed today for Aubrey's picture. We had been outside while I was mowing all morning and we had just showered and were eating a quick lunch before I had to get to a meeting at church for my new job. Ethan had a cup, not a sippy cup, of chocolate milk at the table. Aubrey decided she wanted some and tried to get it down and spilled it all over her and the floor. Never a dull moment. After clean up with paper towels, I got the swiffer out. Well, Aubrey saw me cleaning and kept saying Uh,Oh. She then went into the laundry room and got the broom out herself to try to help. It was very cute. Notice that the broom is backwards and not really much use. The thought was nice.
Here is Ethan showing off his new Crocks. They are very popular here in Palm Coast. We were out shopping and they were on sale so he talked me into them. We made a deal though. No more sucking his fingers (except bedtime). If he sucked his fingers the shoes went up in the closet and he lost them for a day. He then had to earn them back for the next day by not sucking his fingers anymore that day. Well, he tested me. I gave him several warnings the first day we had them (Sat.). Sunday morning, he lost them. Up in the closet they went. After crying for about 30 minutes he finally realized I was serious (tough love). By golly, it is working! We are two days free of not sucking our fingers!!! We will see how long it lasts. We have been working on this for quite some time.




1 comment:

Chrystal said...

Heather, what a great idea with the shoes!! Aubrey is adorable!!